poker maximize roi Turbo Tournament Strategy   Rebuy   Maximizing ROI   Single buy in late and add onThe first thing that popped to my mind when I saw most of the TCOOP structures is that a lot of them are rebuy turbos, many of them 2x and 3x rebuys. Almost all TCOOP tournaments have add ons that are bigger than the rebuy itself.
Combine this with the fact that you can late register right into the add on, it makes it only logical and highly profitable to just buy in at the end of the late registration. Only single buy in and than use the addon to get a lot of chips for your money. This should be the superior strategy.
Warning, do not use this strategy if you can not buy in straight into add on. I will write a strategy guide on those in my next post. Strategy changes considerably if there is a gap between add on and late reg. The 22r 3x and 33r 3x sats into major tournaments are a great example for those. More on that next time.

Max ROI

These conditions have to be met for maximum ROI strategy in rebuy turbo tournaments:

• You can buy in right into the add on (after late reg immediately comes add on)
  • Add on is much bigger than a single rebuy

=> single buy in (dont double rebuy) at end of late reg right into add on

Being a good player is not only about how you play your cards – its also about how you invest your money!

, , ,

8 Responses to “Turbo Tournament Strategy – Rebuy – Maximizing ROI – Single buy in late and add on”

1. Bryan January 29, 2012 at 1:53 am # Reply

why? gimme math, assumed ROI in both scenarios and how that changes by lowering your initial investment. Playing devil’s advocate don’t you think you are losing tons of value by not playing a huge field size over 100bb deep, giving yourself a chance to build a stack in a tournament with 10k+ players where you need 10 million+ chips to be able to play a worthy FT. In smaller fields I agree much more without giving it too much thought or analysis, but in a TCOOP i think the value from playing super deep with mostly randoms is worth more than lowering your financial commitment.

Why does your argument not hold true if latereg ends at 60 minutes, but add on is at 90 minutes. I could have things falsely correlated, but doesn’t this also lower your total investment and thus lead to higher ROI’s as well?

Obv tons of respect for your game and thoughts, but introducing arguments without analysis or further, detailed explanations leaves the reader taking what you say for granted instead of understanding and internalizing it. (or are you saving these items for the private coaching :) ))) VERY WORTH IT to any others reading!!

• swisstard January 29, 2012 at 2:03 pm # Reply

My response is rather long. I put it into a different post. Hopefully you like and read it:

• swp March 29, 2012 at 3:26 pm # Reply

What’s the math/strategy, when there’s a gap between late reg and addon?

On Stars there are 3x turbos where you got 45min late reg and 90min to addon, so what would you recommend here?
        My feeling says me its double rebuy to beginning and when blinds are high and i got no bigger stack, stick to single rebuy and wait til addon (should be the same arguments as in your posts), but is there a ROI boost if we try to get a good stack with double buyin early and if we fail when blinds are high, stick to single-rebuy strategy?
        I would like to see your thoughts on that topic.
        Kind Regards

• swisstard April 3, 2012 at 2:11 pm # Reply

I will answer your question in its own strategy article. The way you describe is like most people play them, but I disagree with that strategy. I guess this much for now :) gl at the tables!

2. utility service bodies July 24, 2012 at 6:17 am # Reply

Hello, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was
    just wondering if you get a lot of spam feedback? If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything you can suggest?
    I get so much lately it’s driving me mad so any support is very much appreciated.

3. Staci August 10, 2012 at 7:20 am # Reply

I have to thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this website.
    I really hope to check out the same high-grade blog posts by you in the future
    as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my own, personal site now ;

4. Sybil August 14, 2012 at 5:36 pm # Reply

Everything is very open with a very clear clarification of the challenges.
    It was really informative. Your website is useful. Many thanks for sharing!

5. Britt September 10, 2013 at 12:16 am # Reply

I have found the best kept secret in internet traffic and I want to share it with you. Everyone thinks the best website visitors comes from Google but the real quality visitors comes from paid traffic. The guys that I know that make the high 6 and 7 figures all buy their website traffic. Go here to see the company they shared with me: http://gmbal.com/079x